Contact this organisation
Bangladesh Manabadhikar Bastabayan Sangstha (BSEHR) works on establishing and protecting the human rights of poor and vulnerable women, men and children in Bangladesh. BSEHR sees itself as a leading human rights organisation in Bangladesh. BSEHR works to raise awareness, respect and knowledge of the laws, rights and obligations among the public.
The mission of the BSEHR is to create an enabling, conducive and trustworthy mechanism for the promotion and protection of human rights for poor and vulnerable people. The organisation's mission is to promote and protect human rights through awareness education, investigation, legal support services, research and policy advocacy on violence, infringement of rights and abuses of power.
- Awareness education: BSEHR raises awareness of the root causes of human rights violations. They see the lack of knowledge, exclusion, and poor governance as key issues. Various strategies and methods are used, including training, advertising, and drama.
- Parallel investigation/fact-findings: BSEHR provides assistance for particular cases - including legal aid, mediation, appropriate legal & judicial steps, procuring evidence & witnesses.
- Mediation: Through mediation BSHER helps resolve disputes within and between families in the communities the organisation serves.
- Legal aid support: Legal aid support to victims in order to provide access to justice is one of the main programs of the organisation.
- On-spot monitoring: BSHER has established a mechanism at police stations to provide support to victims professionally and help lodge their allegations properly and correctly for justice.
- Policy advocacy and research Initiatives: BSEHR has initiated a number of successful advocacy activities at a policy level.
Last updated: March 2016