Contact this organisation
Association Burkinabè pour la Promotion de la Parenté à Plaisanterie (AB3P, English: Burkinabe Association for the Promotion of Cousinage) was founded in 1998, in order to help build peace via the West African custom of parenté à plaisanterie. It helps to promote and protect the custom through:
- Original research on the custom and its transmission to future generations.
- Strengthening national unity by organising socio-cultural and educational activities related to parenté à plaisanterie.
- Organising debates and conferences to increase awareness and knowledge of this aspect of Burkinabe culture.
- Integrate parenté à plaisanterie as an area of Burkinabe expertise in conflict prevention and management.
- Organisation of a workshop on the role of civil society in peacebuilding. 42 people took part; the project had a budget of $6,700.
- Creation of a cultural foundation and institutional framework for the promotion of peacebuilding and parenté à plaisanterie alliances in West Africa.
Last updated: November 2014