Contact this organisation
Club UNESCO work for the promotion of education and literacy, peace development, democracy and human rights in Niamey, Niger. The mission and objectives of the organisation are:
- Facilitate international comprehension on UNESCO's principals and ideals
- Promote the constitution of groups and international relations la constitution
- Contribute to a civic an democratic formation of its members
- Helps its members to adapt to the constant evolution of the scientific, technical and social arena
- Develop a culture of peace and tolerance
- Participate in the promotion of a democratic ideal and the respect of human rights
- Contribute to the development of a base community
- Maintain satisfying relations with the National Federation of Associations, UNESCO Centers and Clubs.
Accomplishments and success
- Education, adult literacy, perfecting the education of those who are out of the school system, academic support through night classes, competitions and literature games, public lectures.
- Information, Sensitisation and Training on : democracy, citizenship, human rights, health (AIDS, reproductive health), computer science, environment and communication.
- Inter-clubs exchange : at the national, regional and international level.
- Implemented activities : reinforcing members' capacities plan
- Training : Community entertainment techniques with a participatory approach ; literacy training ; Associative life ; Project creation and management techniques ; media-alpha of about 40 facilitators ; Information and communications techniques ; Writing techniques ; Hygiene and sanitation ; Non-violent conflict management ; Modern mediation techniques ; Reception and protocol within the 5th Francophony Games and the first games of the CEN-SAD ; education and counseling on STD/HIV/AIDS ; Permanent training on Information and Communications Technology (ICTs) ; Administrative and financial management.
- On the educational and technology level :
- Execution in 2001, in the entire Urban Community of Niamey, of the "National languages literacy and French language improvement phase II" ; 786 beneficiaries with 271 literate, 324 semi-literate and 191 beginners in 26 centres during 6 months.
- Execution in 2002, on the entire Urban Community of Niamey, of the "National languages literacy and French language improvement phase III". In this campaign, there was 254 students for 13 centers with 41.5% ranked in the superior level, 47.58% in the intermediate level and 11.02 % in the beginner level ;
- Execution in 2003, in the entire Urban Community of Niamey, of the project "National languages literacy and French language improvement phase VI". In this campaign, there were 132 students for 6 centres of the superior level ;
- Participation in the celebration of the International Literacy Day, September 8th 2002 in Tillabery, and in 2003 in Fou-hinza.
- Participation in the creation and the organisation of the Education for All week in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Reception and organisation of the 3rd encounter within the framework of the educational dialogue, from October 30th to November 1st 2002 in Niamey, after its participation in the event's 1st edition in Zinder and the 2nd edition in N'Guimi.
Last updated: June 2015