The Syrian Forum is a consortium of non-profit organisations that started activities in 2011. It engages in capacity building of Syrian individuals and institutions and strives to establish and support civil society organisations devoted to Syrians. The Syrian Forum believes in supporting local administration councils as an utmost priority. It is made up of 6 member organisations:
- ISHAN for Relief and Development
- Al Souria
- Omran for Strategic Studies
- Bousla Training and Innovation
- Rizk Professional Development
- Fener Community Advancement
- To contribute to the rebuilding of a democratic Syria under the rule of law.
- To empower and develop civil society, and to continue investing in local administration projects.
- To build capacity and expand horizons towards a society of efficiency, mastery, and professionalism.
- To enhance self-sufficiency by supporting development projects.
- To offer solutions and policy alternatives in matters critically related to Syrian reality and regional context.
- To reinforce a political culture with the capacity to develop and strengthen democratic institutions in Syria.
Description of activities
Areas of specialisation: relief, research, health. Implemented over $30m in development, services, and aid projects over the last two years
Sources of funding/partners
- Officially registered in each of Turkey, Austria and USA
- Global Communities
- UN Agencies
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Human Appeal
- Shaam Relief Foundation
- Syrian Business Forum
- World Food Programme
- World Vision
- Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development
- Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Last updated: June 2016