World Learning Educational Society (WLES) provides support to schools with a declared commitment to creating and maintaining a culture of peace. WLES works with a network of over 100 schools in Pakistan.
WLES wishes to create a culture of peace in their learning environment. Rather than focusing solely on curriculum or teaching resources, the guide follows WLES's holistic approach to creating a culture of peace through school wide activities and initiatives that involve teachers and staff, students, parents, and the community at large. WLES holds events and provides professional development opportunities (workshops, symposiums, conferences, etc.). In January 2014, WLES organised a peace conference in Karachi, where over 500 people participated.
- The Art of Peace Summer Camp
- Peace education workshops to schools
- Sports for Peace
- Working actively with member schools in Karachi
- Regular publication of new resources including books, newsletters, and activity ideas for schools
- Increasing the ability of parents to prevent and respond to bullying
- Working to see peace education incorporated into curriculum
- Peaceful Schools International Canada
- United States Institute of Peace
- British Council
- Charter of Compassion
- Education for Global Peace
- University of Irvine
- Georgetown University