Association for the Well-Being of Rural Communities & Development (ABC-Development) is a non-governmental organisation established in 1996. It is firmly committed to helping initiate, promote and encourage the process of peacebuilding, community reconciliation and human development through awareness-building and local self-help efforts in Sierra Leone. The mission of the organisation is to help create a socio-economic environment conducive to the promotion of peace, the well-being of rural communities and total human development.
- A member of a network of civil society organisations working on developing peace constituencies in the Mano River Union countries.
- A member of a partnership in conflict transformation in Sierra Leone.
- A member and one-time board member of the West African Network for Peacebuilding Sierra Leone (WANEP-SL).
- Provided Training of Trainers to 260 participants on conflict prevention in the border communities in Kambia district.
- Trained 600 peace monitors in the border communities.
- Training of stakeholders at community and district levels on conflict prevention.
- Supported 10 football teams (6 male & 4 female) using sports as instrument of social reintegration.
- Established a community resources and information centre in Kambia for youths to access basic services like guidance and counselling, psycho-social healing and playing indoor games.
- Observing Presidential and Parliamentary elections in 2007 and 2012.
- Trained over 2,500 women and youth since 1996 in skills training and management of small scale enterprises in Kambia district.
- Trained more than 200 master farmers in post-harvest loss.
- Worked with DFID/Community Reintegration Program to rehabilitate schools, grain stores and drying floors in Kambia district.
- During the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone, in partnership with IRC, trained 910 community health monitors in surveillance, contact-tracing and health education.