ASOFED-MR aims to promote education for rural children, rural girls and adults, to promote peace, democracy and human rights in DR Congo.
Action de Solidarite des Femmes pour le Developpement en Milieu Rural (ASOFED-MR) is a non-profit organisation, it aims to promote education for rural children, rural girls and adults, to promote peace, democracy and human rights in the DRC and to pass on information about human rights abuses working in the same area and around the world and to lobby the government on human rights issues.
Vision of the organisation :
The main vision of ASOFED-MR asbl is to make the rural areas of the DRC targeted by the programme literate and model entities of a rule of law to peace and community development are the consequence of an equitable and distributive justice.
Mission and Objectives :
ASOFED-MR asbl's mission is to :
- Promote and defend human rights in general, from women and children to education, people in difficulty, community integrity, SGBV, fight against HIV-AIDS, STI, women's health.
- Family planning, counselling, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, fight against sexual and gender-based violence
- Educate the culture of peace, democracy, good governance, tolerance between communities for peaceful cohabitation
- Promote actions aimed at improving the socio-economic conditions of the human person and conduct advocacy within the community
- Defend the integrity of the rights and social justice of children and women
- To train a female leadership capable of defending and promoting the rights of the child and the girl, Congolese woman.
Global objective :
To contribute to the rehabilitation of peace and education in rural areas through the promotion of justice for all.
The organisation's activities :
- Education for rural children
- Literacy for rural children
- Bringing the rural populations to know their freedom in order to defend them
- Creation of school and para-school clubs for the education of rural children
- Creation of school and university observations of good governance, peace and human rights
- Conference-debates on the impact of ignorance and the under-education of citizens on the violation of the right to education of rural children in the territory of Fizi in the DRC.
Areas of intervention :
- Education of rural children
- Health of women and rural children
- Human rights
- Governance and accountability
- Peace and community reconciliation