The Association Tangassane pour le Développement (ADT) builds local capacity and is dedicated to the promotion of a culture of peace and human rights in Mali. It supports local initiatives in a participatory approach, working specifically to target vulnerable and marginalized groups in society, including women, children, the poor and victims of the conflict. It is dedicated to eradicating poverty and improving living conditions in the country, with a broad mandate focusing on areas including infrastructure, reconciliation, health and food security.
ADT's strategic objectives are to:
- Ensure full equality. ADT recognizes that women are the backbone of the family economy. Therefore, it will always ensure that they participate in various projects implemented with support.
- Strengthen local capacity. The organization believes that the key to success for sustainable development lies in the capacity of local actors. ADT takes charge of local populations by strengthening their skills and capacities in order to enable them to perpetuate the actions undertaken with and for them.
- Promoting the rights of. ADT addresses rights issues with different development actors, aiming to help the most marginalized and vulnerable to participate in economic, social and cultural life, but also to ensure access to basic social services.
- Promote a more peaceful, resilient Malian society that respects human rights;
- Promote the employability of young people aged 15 to 35 to avoid migration to Europe, rural exodus and the recruitment of young people by armed groups and jihadists.
- Acted as a moderator in its area of operation, being involved in conflict prevention and management in the Timbuktu-Niger loop with funding from the EU's ARIANE programme in 2009.
- FAMOC (Embassy of the Kingdom of Denmark in Mali)
- Lux Dev through swisscontact
- Regional Council of Territorial Communities of Timbuktu
- Cordaid (in the course of partnership)
- Harmonization and Innovation for the Benefit of Civil Society Initiatives of Social Utility (HIBISCUS)
- The leaders of the NGO ADT are trained in Timbuktu in the promotion of peace, human rights and reconciliation in December 2013; Inclusive Education in 2016, Positive Education in 2016.
- Taking part in the peace and security thematic group of the forum of civil society organizations in the Timbuktu region.
- ADT has also developed particular expertise in food security, working intensively with the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Mali.