Security in Diversity
“Enabling the Arts as the dialogue to assist the development of a more peaceful, equal and intercultural society free from racism & sectarianism.”
Through the cohesiveness and chemistry of a diverse team of artists using their gifts for the greater good we design and facilitate innovative creative projects & solutions that strengthen community relations, nurture peace processes, and promote interaction between different cultures.
The work of Beyond Skin began January 2004 in Northern Ireland responding to the rise in racism & sectarianism influenced by the legacy of conflict.
We represent an international team of professional artists, facilitators, educators and technician’s passionate about creating positive social change through intercultural music, arts, dance and digital media.
"If you want a powerful good relations programme in your area and to maximise community engagement, you could do no better than enlist the Beyond Skin team. They are by far the most creative, dedicated and professional delivery agent I have ever worked with” - Good Relations Officer
"With such a diverse team based locally and internationally, we are like a little United Nations but without the guns" - Darren Ferguson (Founder)
We design and deliver innovative creative projects locally and internationally which provide access to diversity & global education and the exploration of security in the pursuit of Peace.
- ArtsDialogue collective are a international intergenerational team of musicians, artists, producers, writers & peace activists. The collective was established in April 2017 at Mount Stewart Northern Ireland "Music does not assist dialogue. Music is the dialogue" Mark Smulian (Heartbeat). The organisations represented in the collective are Beyond Skin (Northern Ireland), Heartbeat (Israel-Palestine), The Music Project (Sri Lanka) & Escuelas de Paz (Colombia), Afghanistan National Institute of Music, Brehon Advisory (Middle East) and United Network of Young Peace Builders regarding #Youth4Peace initative. The team represents a shared creative resource of decades of experience in peacebuilding, community development and youth work within very different areas of conflict and post-conflict.
- #Youth4Peace As representatives of UNOY.org we are leading the #Youth4Peace initiative in Northern Ireland implementing UN Resolution 2250 Youth, Peace, Security.
- We are the local partner for WOMAD Foundation & Festivals (N.I. Programme now in its 5th year)
- We nurtured the development of the innovative Orchestre des Réfugiés et Amis - Interculturalism’s artistic enigma who are amongst the idea.
- Two international flagship projects in Sri Lanka and Colombia partnering schools and youth groups in Northern Ireland. Parallel versing project #FUTyoURES project
We are not an entertainment agency – we are people that get things done.
Sometimes visible. Sometimes by stealth. And Sometimes...