Baacha Khan Trust Educational Foundation (BKTEF) is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization registered in Pakistan and Afghanistan under the voluntary Social Welfare Ordinance 1961 through Registration No DSW/NWFP/3067. The Foundation is working towards promotion and development of peace, human rights, inter faith harmony and socio-economic uplift of the society through an extended educational program in the North-western parts of Pakistan: Khyber Pukhtunkhwa and FATA.
The Foundation is an auxiliary of the Baacha Khan Trust, a registered non-profit in Pakistan and Afghanistan that promotes peace, democracy, human rights, and development. The Trust was established in 2003 and has made interventions in the social sector, mainly education and health.
A social order that ensures individual liberties and collective well being is the vision that inspires us into action.
To empower the under-privileged communities through quality education.
Provision of free subsidized quality educational services to the under-served communities in FATA/Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Building a system of education that develops in students:
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Problem solving and social skills
- Literary and artistic faculties
- Establishing a community based system of education through Community Education Committee (CEC) bodies.
- Empowering women by educating and involving them in decision making processes at all levels.