Consult Group was registered as a nongovernmental organisation in 2009 by a group of internally displaced persons from the Tskhinvali region. The organisation was established with the aim of contributing to the solution of conflict-affected populations in Georgia, support their adaptation to new environments, and increase their computer literacy and professional qualifications for better employment opportunities.
The major component of Consult Group is to implement projects and activities that support strengthening contacts between peoples on different sides of the conflict. To this end, the organisation has implemented the following projects:
- In 2009-2010, Consult Group implemented a project involving aiding IDP adaptation in a new environment, and supporting employment, based on the example of Koda IDP settlement in the Kvemo Kartli region. The project was supported by Open Society Georgia Foundation.
- In 2010-2011, it conducted a USAID-financed project that entailed establishment of a household service centre and internet accessibility of Tserovani IDP settlement in Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region.
- In 2013-2014, Consult Group implemented the Copernicus Foundation-financed project that entailed a professional training program for a joint Georgian and South Ossetian group in the International Centre for Agricultural Consulting in Poland.
- In 2014-2015, the organisation has participated in a study trip for a joint group of Georgians and Ossetians to Israel to learn on the achievements in the field of agriculture, exchange knowledge and forge cooperation.
- In 2015-2016, the organisation has been working on setting up an agricultural service centre in Tserovani IDP settlement.