Development Organization for Social Transformation (DOST) is a voluntary organisation based in Faisalabad. The focus of DOST's activities are to promote positive changes in society for just and peaceful Pakistan. The target groups of DOST’s activities include deprived and most vulnerable groups of society.
DOST was set up in 2008 and conducts many activities based around the empowerment of working women such as:
- Awareness seminars;
- Celebration of International Days;
- Focused group discussions;
- Community meetings with home based workers;
- Protests against violence against women;
- Demonstrations against inflation; and
- Rallies for the promotion of peace.
In all such activities, community leaders, political leaders and local rights organisations are involved.
DOST works with a number of different networks and rights-based organisations including Liaison for Enforcement of Human Rights (LEHR), Association of Women for Awareness & Motivation (AWAM), Harmony Foundation Faisalabad, STAR organization, CARE Foundation, SOLID Pakistan, WORD organization, WADA organization, Child Rights Committee of SPARC (SPARC CRC).