Forward Action for Conservation of Indigenous Species (FACIS) has been working on dialogue for peace and interfaith communication since 2009. The organisation has organised a series of seminars and trainings geared towards creating a Nigeria that values equality, freedom, respect and understanding.
FACIS has introduced a bio-intensive agriculture project that serves as a catalyst for building relationships between people of different religions, particularly Muslim and Christian young people.
- Successfully engaged Muslim and Christian young people in a unique interfaith dialogue that led to the creation of an interfaith dialogue group in one of the flash point communities in Bauchi metropolis.
- Empowered over 30 young women and men in listening and negotiation skills.
- Supported over 20 young people in effective interfaith dialogue and communication skills for better relationships.
- Organised interfaith dialogues between Christian and Muslim young people in 7 communities in Bauchi state.
- Successfully mediated and resolved misunderstandings and conflicts between 2 communities (Birim and Gigyera) in the Alkaleri Local Government Area.
- Successfully facilitated the formation of 10 Muslim and Christian youth groups in ten communities that experienced violent conflict.
- Established 'Environmental-Peace Clubs' in 2 secondary schools in Bauchi state.
Further information about the organisation, you can see their Dialogue for Sustainable Relationships and Farming covering activities from 2012 and 2013, or a more recent report of their activity in their Interfaith Dialogue Report from April 2014.