The Golden Crescent Consortium of Peace-Builders and Affiliates (GCCPBA) is a peacebuilding organisation of Muslim leaders composed of academics, traditional and religious leaders, women, young people and members of the government, military and police
It is the Muslim convenor group of the Interreligious Solidarity Movement for Peace, now called Interreligious Solidarity for Peace (ISP). ISP is the lead movement and the Golden Crescent is the Muslim group. There are also other group for Christians, Evangelicals, and indigenous peoples.
The goals of Golden Crescent include the following:
- To support the advocacy and promotion of a culture of peace, establish linkages with government and civil society organisations, and participate in the activities of other organisations which seek to promote peace, harmony and development.
- To initiate programmes, projects and activities in the promotion of peace, harmony and development.
- To work for the continuous preservation, protection and promotion of Muslim cultural heritage.
- To conduct research on Muslim history and indigenous culture and create a database on the various historical and cultural accounts of the Bangsamoro.
- To give appropriate recognition and awards to deserving individuals and groups who excel in their respective fields of endeavour.
Since its inception in 2008, Golden Crescent has been at the forefront of peacebuilding work, serving as the Muslim convening body of the Interreligious Solidarity for Peace.
The organisation’s programmes include
- Education and Research on the importance of Muslim religious and cultural traditions.
- Peace advocacy through the combined Hijrah and Gregorian Calendar.
- Awarding of the Golden Crescent Achievement Awards for Academic Excellence and Leadership.
- Community peace engagements.
The organisation forms part of a larger network of peace advocates in Mindana,o which played a vital role in the creation of the Mindanao People’s Peace Agenda organised by the Mindanao Peace Weavers.