Heritage Of Peace & Justice Initiative works to ensure peaceful coexistence among people in Nigeria through dialogue, education and other interventions.
Heritage Of Peace & Justice Initiative was founded in 2019 to ensure that peaceful coexistence among the people is realised in Nigeria through interventions like: dialogue, engagement with stakeholders at different levels, education through skill acquisition and to ensure the indigent members of the society, especially Girl child are the beneficiaries, ensuring the use peaceful means to achieve justice in all facets of life.
The organisation's objectives include:
- Peace & peaceful coexistence;
- amicable settlement of dispute via Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR);
- rights of the indigent members of the society is protected;
- quality education for the less privilege members of the society (especially the girl child) is giving the desired attention;
- speedy dispensation of justice - both domestic, economic, industrial, government etc through the use of ADR mechanism;
- empowerment via skill acquisition among others.
In our effort to ensure harmonious working relationship with both State and Non-State Actors the organization paid courtesy visits to the DEPARTMENT OF STATE SERVICE (DSS), INSTITUTE OF GOVERNANCE AND SOCIAL RESEARCH (IGSR), NATIONAL DRUGS LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY (NDLEA), The Plateau State PEACE BUILDING AGENCY and the OPERATION SAFE HAVEN under the leadership of Major General Augustine Agundu on the need for collaboration.
Other visits and collaborative activities are still on the way.
The organization engages in training of security personnel (both conventional and other non-conventional like the community police and other volunteer groups e.g. Vigilante, Neighbourhood watch, Man O war, Scout etc).
Example is the one day Workshop on :Community Peace and Security” in collaboration with Neighbourhood Watch, Rikkos Outpost in Jos Plateau State, held on the 17th January, 2021 at AL- HILAL PRIVATE SCHOOL, Rikkos.