InStream Public Foundation is an independent non-governmental youth foundation established and registered in February 15, 2012. InStream targets young people in Kyrgyzstan who need guidance in becoming responsible proactive citizens and help build democracy. Thereby, InStream seeks to create a generation of innovative and proactive young people who are capable to find their own paths for development of progressive civilization and increase the potential of forward-looking and up-and-coming youth as important members of society.
Being committed to freedom of information and independent media, InStream has actively promoted the use of social media in all its projects for the youth to discuss their problems, exchange opinions and be visible and other youth integration and discussion platforms such as "BrainSharing", meetings, conferences, and gatherings of youth of various formats.
The main activities of the organisation include:
- Developing entrepreneurship.
- The development of leadership and self-development.
- Career development.
Youth Entrepreneurship for Peace
Funded by UNDP, this project aimed to support young people in the development of modern innovative approaches, technical and communication skills, which will lead to positive change in communities. It includes improving the management skills of 12 business initiatives supported by UNDP project PMR and training 40 participants from the number of young people in 4 pilot municipalities (Vinogradnoe and Vasilyevka villages, Tokmok city, Baizak of Alamedin district in Chui region and Kok-Oi villages of Jumgal district in Naryn region). According to the trainings, 12 businessmen have their own business-plans, 40 young people trained to fit the village specialties.
Youth Week of Charity
Funded by USAID, this project has involved 23 000 young people from all over the country under the slogan “Change the world for the better!”. The youth took part in 123 socially significant activities. 7 provinces of the country coordinated by Youth Foundation InStream. Within 7 days the participants implemented the following ideas:
- Ecology, road safety and healthy lifestyle campaigns.
- A beauty-shop was arranged in a local nursing home.
- Pedestrian crossing signs were placed on the road near a school.
- Free trolley-bus around town was provided.
- An entertainment day for children in children's homes was organized.
- Workshops on self-development and personal fulfilment were conducted.
- Lessons-learned workshops on basic knowledge of hygiene were held in schools.
- Interesting feature films were shown in Children’s Oncology Hospital.