Kano State Peace and Conflict Resolution (KASPECRA) is a youth organisation working on peacebuilding, good governance and development in Kano State, Nigeria.
The organisation's objectives include:
- To educate young people in conflict management and resolution skills.
- To develop strong early warning and response conflict mechanisms among members of the community in Kano State.
- Promoting the involvement and participation of young people and women in peacebuilding and community development.
- Developing community, national and sub-regional capacities/structures for early detection, early warning and early response. KASPECRA does this through trainings, information sharing, database development, and technical assistance.
- Identifying and monitoring context specific conflict and peace indicators, and analysing them for preventive action.
- Fostering collaborative relationships with and between civil society and think tanks, and existing national, sub-regional/regional and international early warning, conflict prevention, and peacebuilding organisations.
- Sharing early warning reports, policy briefs, preventive instruments, mechanisms, tools, and strategies with partners, stakeholders, policy makers, and other potential actors.
- Promoting pro-active, pre-emptive and integrated approaches to conflict prevention and peacebuilding.
The organisation's major achievements include establishing a series of radio programmes calling for peace in Kano, and the introduction of peace education in schools.