Plateforme des Femmes pour Gagner (English: Women's Platform to Gain, FPG) was established in 2005, in the context of the crisis in Côte d'Ivoire, to promote the participation of women in development in Côte d'Ivoire. The organisation brings together individuals, professional organisations, development associations, trade unions, women's organisations of political parties, NGOs and civil society associations, to work in unison for this goal.
The organisation's objectives include:
- Providing a platform for women's voices
- Raising awareness of the need for women to participate in decision-making in settings
- Assisting women to ensure their participation
- Obtaining decision-making positions in all sectors
- Contributing to the advent of a new Côte d'Ivoire where the peace and well-being of its people reign.
Activities have included:
- Identification of candidate selection criteria in elections
- Organisation of a conference on the electoral process
- Signature of the Convention and the Petition at the Trechville Palace of Culture
- Treichville Culture Palace Fair
- Launch of public events at the Palais des Congrès in Abidjan / September 20, 2010
- Visit of the I2T (Processing Machinery Laboratory)