Relief and Hope Foundation (RAHF) works for a peaceful Nigeria, with programmes targeting young people and communities in conflict.
Relief and Hope Foundation (RAHF) is a not-for-profit, non-government organization, Reg no CAC 40618
We are special and unique, as a youth friendly non-government organization . We envision a just and peaceful violent-free community with adequate and relevant skills in a society where fair and equal opportunities are abound.
Some projects the organization had embark on are as followed:
- Our Project with Peace Direct: The Youth Education and Services (YES!) Project. Conflict Prevention and Peace Education for Nigerian Youths
- Also Curbing Hate Speech On Farmer & Harder Conflict with NEXUS
- Mitigating Election Violence Through Social Cohesion among Youth. With NEXUS
- We have also work with KAICCID Center for Dialogue. On Farmer& Harder Conflict.
- Capacity Building For Local CSOs On DO NO HARM. On Peace Building.
The youth have been used as active tools for conflict as they are strong, agile, ignorant and uninformed. The foundations of peace that built up communities are being shattered on a daily basis as a result of conflicts, unrest and unhealthy living among youths in the community.
RAHF had one goal in mind; to improve the dissemination of information that would reduce the outbreak of violence among herdsmen and pastoralists in Riyom and Barkin Ladi LGAs. Some of the successes of our previous project goal was measured through partnership building achieved through parleys with 80% of media house on unbiased report on conflict. Reach religious leaders both Christian & Muslim bodies on peaceful preaching and non violent massages. Also reach 70% of traditional leaders with peace messages. further-more, the impacts of peace messages disseminated as captured in questionnaires which were distributed in communities have help us to have a proper Baseline on Source of Violence, which has help us in prefacing Early Warning Sign method.