Established in 1999, the Teens Educational Development and Information Initiative (TEDIN) is a youth focused organisation working on youth development, education, peacebuilding, heath, and good governance in Nigeria.
TEDIN's mission is to develop and promote models and strategies for the training and education of young people to become valuable members of society who work towards peace and community development.
The organisation's focuses on the following areas:
- Supporting the transformation of how people manage and respond to conflict constructively and without violence.
- Promoting creative alternatives for young people and youth socialisation.
- Developing young people's capacity for development.
- Providing knowledge and skills to young people in difficult circumstances.
- Promoting basic education, family life and, poverty reduction.
- Encouraging environmental sanitation and water issues.
- Teaching adolescents about health matters.
- A conflict prevention and management training program for young people in Kano and Lokoja. This program promoted skills to improve the socio-economic well-being of young people and women.
- An advocacy event for community leaders, religious leaders, schools and policy makers to elicit support for TEDIN projects.