USDE works to contribute to the improvement of the individual and collective living conditions of the population of DR Congo, in a spirit of self promotion, community participation and compassion for the vulnerable.
The Unité de Secours Humanitaire et de Développement Endogène (USDE Asbl) is a Non-Governmental Non-Profit Organisation created in 2016. Its overall objective is to contribute to the improvement of the individual and collective living conditions of the population, in a spirit of self promotion, community participation and compassion for the vulnerable.
Our vision: USDE provides help for all people affected by crises and supports community self-help.
Our Mission: To ensure impartial assistance to people affected by crises and to involve communities in their own development initiatives.
Our values :
- Creativity: Seize opportunities to make the most of or maximise results, learn from failures, avoid repeating the same thing over and over again, avoid falling into a rut, do the best in another way based on what exists;
- Transparency: Nothing belongs to me, everything belongs to us, I know nothing, we all know;
- Loyalty: respect for professional and partnership commitments;
- Morality: we are accountable through our behaviour.
- Unity in action: we work together as one by involving beneficiaries in finding solutions to crises and development challenges.
Areas of intervention :
North Kivu: Goma City, Nyiragongo, Masisi and Rutshuru
South Kivu: Bukavu City, Kalehe Territory, Walungu and Idjwi