The charitable foundation Unity for the future is based in Zaporizhzhia. A local local NGO established in 2004, since then it has successfully implemented 12 projects supported by international donors including International Renaissance Foundation, East Europe foundation, Save the Children and others. Some of these were implemented in cooperation with local authorities.
- Supporting families with children in crisis situations;
- Implementing local initiatives, the development of local self-governance, and gender equality projects.
Main achievements and projects
- From the December 2014 to June 2015: 'Humanitarian Aid in Ukraine' project, in partnership with the Women’s Consortium of Ukraine, supported by Save the Children. In the frame of the project 207,000 UAH was given to 205 IDP families with children for buying basic items. Furthermore, 310 families received psychosocial aid and 93 families received legal aid
- From the March to the April 2015: 'Winter project', also with the Women’s Consortium of Ukraine and financed by Save the Children. Families with many children (in total 448 IDPs, including 256 children and 192 adults) have received support including sets of bed linen, cushions, blankets and plaids. Eight psychosocial seminars were held for social workers in Zaporizhhzia region.
- From December 2014 to the May 2015: 'Together we can', in cooperation with Ukrainian Human rights foundation. This held:
- Five employment trainings, conducted with the support of the employment state centre.
- Six meetings of the IDP integration club 'New Start', with 90 IDPs participating in workshops and roundtables for children and adults to discuss their problems.
- Monitoring of the rights of disabled people, and presenting the results at a roundtable.
- Support activities for 2500 IDP families with one or two children in the Zaporizhzhia region. Post project monitoring was organised with the families.
- Signing a Memorandum on cooperation with Save the Children.
Follow Unity for the Future on facebook.