Youth with a Purpose is a Nigerian youth organization, aimed at building the capacity of young people in Jos to respond non-violently in their communities by engaging them in productive activities.
Youth with a Purpose is a non religious, not political, not for profit community youth organization, building bridges between opportunities and community aimed at building the capacity of the vulnerable community youths to respond non violently to activities in their communities by engaging them in productive activities.
The project emanated from the program carried out by the National Library of Nigeria and the African Library and Information Association and Institution (AFLIA) to see how public libraries can engage community youths in community development, aimed to curb youth restiveness through which over 100 youths were selected, mentored and trained in various skills and discipline from 2019 to 2020.
From the inception of this movement we have successfully carried out activities that unite the people of Anglo Jos under the same umbrella of peace. Some of the activities are as listed below.
- Iftar during Ramadan for the Christians to celebrate with the Muslim as a way to encourage mutual understanding.
- Inter faith dialogue for youths and students of schools within anglo jos community through a partnership with Damiater Peace Initiative.
- Securing the presence of plateau peace building agency in the community to discuss peace related issues as it affects the community.
- Back to school awareness and barbing for school aged kids.
- Skill acquisition for 15 youths, members of the movement in NDE
- Distribution of learning materials to orphans and disadvantaged in the community.
- Entrepreneurship training for small business operators in the community in partnership with west African association of small scale business operators.
- Tree planting campaign to schools and worship centers in the community with Center for Peace Advancement in Nigeria (CEPAN)
- House to house awareness on COVID 19 prevention and protocols.
- The first Anglo Jos mini Marathon to commemorate the 11th year since the first crisis in Anglo Jos community.
- Enrolling over 400 women and vulnerable youths for skill acquisition under the Goal project which was sponsored by NDE Dauda Gotring.
- 5 community cleanup exercises that comprises the schools and worship centers in the community.
All of these activities are done through selfless sacrifices from the members of the movement and partnership with willing organizations.