WIN-Peace was established in 2013, member of the network created spaces for ethnic women voices to raise sexual violence of women in conflict affected area and peace building activities it uses UN resolution 1325 in its lobby and advocacy activities, worked solidarity movement mostly with local ethnic women organizations in war regions in Myanmar covering three ethnic regions since 2013. Reformed in (2016, December) as a organization format , base in Yangon, Myanmar, the organization continues explore effective way of addressing structures and implement that undermine peace initiative activities and good governance to change policies and peace building process in Myanmar. Newly WIN-Peace is a collaborative and partnership organization to build long-term relation with others and encourage trust and consistency. WIN-Peace always seek participatory methods. To achieve greater program implementation scale WIN-Peace can use partnership strategy and collaborative mission. The core mandate to promote women's strategic participation and leadership in peace and security governance in Myanmar. Various approaches were used with the aim of achieving this purpose for WIN-Peace, such strategic engagement must be systematic and requires proactivity, access to timely and accurate information, knowledge of the issue area, and specialized skills.
Together with its growing network of gender and security experts, the coalition has built a constituency of women, peace and security advocates among Asian Country, and civil society working on peacebuilding initiatives at the national and local levels.
WIN-Peace promoting to empowerment women peace builder with advance knowledge, skills,support to bringing peace in our regional and state with respect of diversity concern.
WIN-Peace, believes that much greater women's participation in necessary towards a genuine peace building process for sustainable and lasting peace.
- Gender equality & solidarity
- Empowerment of women
- Women right and security
- Sharing and caring
- Women,peace builder
- Raising awareness and knowledge of women form local women organization by organization workshop on peace building based on UNSCR 1325 and women participation in this process.
- Engaging and advocacy for Peace, Justice and Equality for women and men.
- Lobby and advocacy for women participation in peace building in the country.
- Collaborating with international agencies and other key players in country for peace, justice, and equality.
- Creating regional women's organizations network to give a space for learning, sharing and implementing for future collective activities. Moreover, strengthening their participant and support on peace building process at their areas.
- Collaboration among individual women and women organization in nation building and peace process.
Main activities and campaigns
- Communal violence prevention in 2012 and in 2013, working with the local Muslim and Buddhist community.
- Advocacy for female participation in peacebuilding and engaging with decision-makers and members of parliament.
- Campaign on “Buddhist women marriage law”, which was promoted by religious extremists in 2013.
- Participation at the International Day of Peace in 2012.
- As part of the Initiatives for International Dialogue’s (IID), in September 2013 WIN-Peace run an exchange between female peacebuilders in Myanmar and the Philippines. The "Exposure and Exchange Program", run in Manila and Mindanato, was seeking to provide women peacebuilders an opportunity to interact, share experiences and create solidarity.
- Stakeholder Engagement Meeting at focal areas ( Kachin,Karen, Shan)
- Adovocacy Meeting at Focal Areas & Nay Pyi Taw
- Conducting Training on Productive Peace Building