Contact this organisation
The civil war in Burundi left many unresolved issues which threaten long-lasting peace. The proliferation of weapons is widespread and levels of poverty are high. A particular concern is the likelihood of young people being drawn into violent political groups or militias. DAGROPASS was created to promote peace and security though encouraging the use of non-violent conflict resolution. They also work to promote social and economic independence for women in rural communities.
DAGROPASS activities cover three main areas:
- Peace and conflict resolution.
- Political and economic empowerment of women.
- Health and sexual/reproductive rights.
- Supporting disarmament programmes by collecting illegally-held weapons;
- Construction of health clinics and supporting those affected by war; and
- Community rehabilitation of former combatants.
Last updated: September 2014