Contact this organisation
The Center for Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies is affiliated with the Master of Arts program in Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies at the University of Duhok. This is the only degree program in Iraq that is dedicated to teaching students about the theory and practice of peacebuilding.
The Center conducts research on subjects related to peace and conflict in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, and hosts seminars and workshops with local and national stakeholders in politics and civil society. It also engages with international partners to develop new knowledge that can contribute to peace in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
- Joint Research Seminar in Peacebuilding with the NYU Center for Global Affairs (2013).
- Symposium: "Religious Feasts as Bridges for Peace” (2013).
- Field Research - Joint Research Seminar in Peacebuilding w/the NYU Center for Global Affairs (2013).
- Joint Research Seminar in Peacebuilding w/the NYU Center for Global Affairs (2012).
- Symposium with the Mennonite Central Committee: "Learning Peace and Peacebuilding from Clergymen" (2012).
- Curriculum Development with the NYU Center for Global Affairs (2011).
- Conflict Resolution Training Course w/USIP Funding (2005).
- Conflict Resolution Curriculum Development Workshop w/Columbia University (2003).
Last updated: July 2015
How you can participate
Follow them on : <a href=" https://www.facebook.com/peaceconflictstudies.uod">Facebook</a>