Contact this organisation
TASSAGHT, meaning "link" in the Tamasheq language, is a Malian peacebuilding organisation founded in 1985. The first national organisation based in Gao, its vision is of a caring and responsible society based on the principles of freedom and justice. Apolitical and not for profit, TASSAGHT operates from rural communities for sustainable development in Gao, Bourem and Ansongo.
Since 1985, TASSAGHT has cultivated cross-sectional implementation of its projects and development programmes, behaviour and practices, including in conflict prevention and management. Strategies developed for this purpose take into account the sensitivity of conflict, highlighting preventive measures and strengthening the achievements of peace. TASSAGHT is one of the main organisations where civil dialogue can take place in the Gao region, working to build peaceful interaction between sedentary and nomadic communities, and has achieved notable success in the area.
Since May 2012 TASSAGHT has also invested in projects for community victims of the crisis in northern Mali, including internally displaced persons, refugees and returnees in the Gao region.
- An integrated five-year food security programme in the five Bourem municipalities, in partnership with Save the Children US, covering agriculture, health, nutrition, micro-finance, governance and local capacity building.
- A shared project governance in the Gao region.
- A food security project in Gao and Ansongo.
- A livelihoods security programme in Gao.
- A school canteens programme in nomadic areas of northern Mali.
- A support project for women's units of transformation of animal by-products in the nomadic area of northern Mali.
- An integrated water-health-education programme in the Bourem, Gao region.
- An emergency households programme for poor and very poor victims of the 2010 crisis in Gao and Ansongo.
- Mitigating the effects of climate change in the rural commune of Intillit.
- Free distribution and nutrition for women and children from poor households in Gao affected by the war in northern Mali.
- Improving food security in three municipalities in the Bourem area and Gao area.
- Emergency actions for populations affected by war and drought in Gao including household projects and working with displaced people and refugees.
- Pastoral standby mechanism implementation project in Gao and Ansongo.
- Strengthening the livelihoods of vulnerable households affected by food and the 2010 pastoral crisis in the Sahel region of Gao.
- Pastoral plan in the circles of Gao and Ansongo.
- Development and integration of agro-ecology by strengthening the organisational and technical capacities of women’s and youth associations.
Last updated: September 2016