Contact this organisation
OJQ Gruaja Hyjnore works to empower women and advance their position in Kosovan society through psycho-social support, education, improvements in access to healthcare, and raising awareness of rights and gender equality.
Activities are organised mainly through workshops with women and include:
- Psycho-social workshops, where women were offered professional help through one on one or group sessions;
- Creative-relaxing workshops, where women were offered emotional support through creative work such as embroidery;
- Workshops for primary health education and medical prevention;
- Workshops on women's awareness of their rights and knowledge on gender equality;
- Business training, micro-economic programs, and sale of handicrafts to improve the economic situation of women;
Main projects and achievements:
- Raising awareness among women about the possibility of a better life - such as health education in rural areas.
- Empowering women and girls to gain new skills.
- Empowerment of women in the region of Gjilan.
Last updated: March 2015