Action Against Poverty (AAP) is based in Multan, Punjab. It provides a platform to facilitate marginalised and unprivileged communities to solve their issues and problems.
AAP has held a number of events aimed at promoting religious tolerance and peace in Pakistan, including:
- In January 2011, a program was organised on “Promoting culture of peace for social change”. It was a dialogue in which representatives of Muslim and non-Muslim communities shared their thoughts on peace.
- A peace song festival was celebrated on January 29, 2011. Local Muslim and Christian artists participated along with a large number of Christian and Muslim audience and media representatives.
- A meeting with young people on the concept of “Culture of Peace" was held by AAP.
- AAP held workshop with NGO’s/CBO’s and social activists on the concept of "Composite Heritage" on February 22, 2011, to promote culture of peace through composite heritage for the betterment of a marginalized community in Multan district.
- A culture of peace painting competition was organized for young people. A large number of Christian Muslim students participated in the culture of peace painting competition.