Action Chrétienne Tous pour la Solidarité (ACTS, English: Christian Action Everyone for Solidarity) works to try and implement "Love thy neighbour" through Church-based community development projects supporting orphans, widows and other vulnerable people. ACTS works principally in the rural areas of Komsilga, formed of 36 villages. Other areas in which it works include the rural communities of Arbolé, Niou, Siglé, Nagréongo, Boussé, and Bingo, as well as the urban area of Ougadougou.
ACTS has several specific objectives, including working to:
- Ensure opportunities for orphans and other vulnerable children to integrate into society, including formal education and personal development.
- Provide access to microcredits for widows and other vulnerable women.
- Lobby to promote orphans' and women's rights.
- Help with physical and spiritual development.
- Improve healthcare provision in rural and semi-rural areas through awareness-raising projects and direct medical help through its medical centre.
- Raise awareness of FGM and HIV/Aids issues.
- Promote reading and create a library.
One key project involves producing books and reading materials. These have been specifically designed around peacebuilding applications, and include publications on justice and peace, forestry, food security, HIV/Aids, harvest conservation and disaster preparedness. These publications are all anchored within a framework of reinforcing cohesion among populations, and are drafted in local languages in order to make them more accessible.
- Building a medical centre.
- Establishing a pre-school, primary school and secondary school.
- Creating tailoring, carpentry and metalworking workshops.
- Drilling two wells and acquiring 5fivehectares of land for agricultural and livestock projects.