ASC works in East Africa to empower individuals in local communities.
Last updated: November 2017
Africa Sunrise Communities works to empower the leadership of local communities. ASC has set out clear goals to establish a lasting impact on South Sudan.
- Comprehend: Understand that the cultural context of South Sudan has changed significantly. Working alongside the refugee centre will familiarise the organisation with the changes in culture and attitudes.
- Cooperate: They will build friendships with the UNHCR, Red Cross and other NGOs and non-profits who are already working with refugees. Those partnerships will build experience and help develop effective schools.
- Connect: They will establish connections with governments, religious and community leaders. This includes registering ASC with the government as a local business. Many doors can we open with the support of the community.
- Coordinate: The organisation will help connect people to existing social services and create avenues for needed services. It is important to know what social services already exist so that our efforts are not duplicating services but enhancing them.
- Cultivate: Establish the organisation as a leader across ethnic lines on both sides of the conflicts. Their cause is to unite people in East Africa.