Association des Jeunes pour la Non-Violence (AJNV, English: Association of Young People for Non-Violence) has worked since 2013 to promote a culture of good citizenship in Burkina Faso within the framework of its schools, colleges and universities.
Its objectives are to:
- Promote a culture of civic values among young people
- Stop violence in all its forms
- Help raise awareness of tolerance, dialogue and non-violence
- Train young people in order to promote the above
- Advocate and raise awareness among the national authorities of the need to improve the socio-economic conditions of young people
In 2011, several of the people who would go on to create AJNV organised a press conference to discuss the crisis, condemn violence and appeal for calm. Some exchanges between different groups were also organised. The idea of structuring all these actions led to the creation of AJNV.
AJNV works to:
- Create peace and monitoring clubs in schools, colleges, universities and public and private offices, with the motto "I am tolerance, dialogue and non-violence."
- Organise peace caravans with debates and discussions, meetings and marches against violence, public conferences and film screenings, as well student-led days on how to promote non-violent dispute resolution.