All JK Youth Society (AJKYS) is a voluntary organisation working for the betterment of the society as a whole and youth in particular. It was founded in 2016 by some young minds of the state. It aims to promote peace, communal harmony, justice and prosperity in the state of Jammu and Kashmir by providing a platform to the youth to express themselves and to promote their leadership. All JK Youth Society is trying to bridge the gap between three regions of the state. Since its foundation, it now has its team in almost every district and block in Kashmir Valley and in some parts of Jammu region as well and is expected to form its district body in entire state of J&K including Ladakh. AJKYS vision is to at provide alternate leadership to the State of Jammu and Kashmir and the country.
AJKYS is headed by its President Sajid Yousuf Shah. Mr. Waseem Gul a lawyer by profession Is Spokesperson and Media In charge of AJKYS. He is one of the founding members and looks after the media related issues of the society Gul is also the Programme coordinator and the treasurer of the society. Waseem Gul was recently awarded the global peace innovator award at World Summit on countering violence and extremism 2018
- AJKYS primary focus is on youth participation and leadership in socio-political issues, for peace building and cross-regional dialogue
- AJKYS also focuses on drug abuse, corruption and domestic violence.
- AJKYS is also focusing on working against the frequent suspension of the mobile internet in Kashmir Valley during unrest, due to which people of the state, especially youth, suffer a lot
- AJKYS organizes youth conventions / meetings at its office on weekends. Members discuss the problems being faced by the youths of the state. They brainstorm and discuss possible solutions to the crisis and the ways for implementation.
- All JK Youth Society organizes awareness programmes regarding serious issues concerning to the state eminent to mention here that AJKYS held awareness programmes during the recent Urban Local Body (ULB) and Panchayat elections. People were made aware about the consequences of the boycott by mainstream political parties and urged them to vote.
- Four members of AJKYS contested ULB polls out of which 2 members were elected as Councilors in the Srinagar Municipal Corporation.
- AJKYS organized various discussion meetings, seminars, debates in various colleges and schools where eminent speakers and scholars spoke to the public.
- AJKYS organized various protests, signatures campaigns, seeking severe punishment against sexual abusers.
- AJKYS also works to empower the economically and socially weak persons of the society and lends a helping hand to those in distress and need. AJKYS has established a chain of blood donors who donate blood at regular intervals.