Amal Socio-cultural Feminism Foundation is a national non-profit organisation focusing on the social, political and education rights of women in Yemen.
The Foundation works to promote the education, social, legal and economic rights of women, developing their skills and abilities to allow them to fully participate in society. It works to reduce violence against women and children by raising awareness and reintegrating and rehabilitating vulnerable women into society. The Foundation partners with governmental authorities, international donors and agencies, and civil society.
The foundation works to enhance awareness of the challenges women face in society, often through the method of education. Image credit: Amal Foundation
The Foundation believes in partnership with the governmental authorities and civil society organisations as well as international bodies. Its goals include:
- Promoting women spiritually, educationally and socially and strengthen their roles active members of society.
- Providing women with employment opportunities to help them participate in building and improving society.
- Supporting girls to participate in the Foundation's and other social activities.
- Empowering women politically and economically.
- Working on children's issues and ensuring that their rights are stipulated by law.
- Taking care of people with special needs in the community including orphans, the disabled and the elderly.
- Spreading awareness of human rights issues.
- Developing the spirit of voluntarism within all society members.
- Achieving cooperation and coordination between the Foundation and other organisations.
- The German Agency for International Cooperation, to implement a series of courses to train and rehabilitate battered women and prisoners and empower them economically.
- A second partnership with the German Agency for International Cooperation to implement a series of lectures and courses in financial training and financial literacy within the Regional Initiative for Youth savings.
- A partnership with Al-Nahdha association working with poor and low income people.
- Canada Fund for Local Initiative.
- Soul for development.
- Yemen Partners Organization.