Attah Sisters Helping Hand Foundation (ASHH) is working to empower women and young people to improve their lives and build peace in Nigeria. ASHH work with women, young people and vulnerable children through capacity building, training for caregivers and peace education. The organisation has mobilised young people and other stakeholders to embrace peace in the community using faith based organisations.
The goals of the organisation are to:
- Ensure self-reliance and economic development among women and youths;
- Create awareness on peacebuilding and conflict resolution;
- Train and advise women and youths in matters of human rights and civic participation;
- Sensitize and create awareness on good governance; and
- Empower the community to support and encourage education of girls.
- Lend a helping hand to the widows, mothers and children to brought vocational skills and assist their education at school.
- Sensitization of youths on peacebuilding and conflict resolution in Bauchi, Kaduna and Benue states.
- Capacity building on good governance and civil participation in Gubi and Bauchi.
- Community Paralegal services. Prosecuted more than 8 rape perpetrators, offered victims of abuses with lawyers on pro bono basis.
- Support for the widows / orphans and vulnerable children through economic empowerment as well as clothing and nutritional support.
- Sensitization campaigns on HIV/AIDS and Malaria prevention and control.
- Sensitization and mobilization on human rights based practices.
- Sanitation exercises in communities such as, Angwan Nassarawa, Bauchi.
- Distributed free mosquito nets to 880 women and children in Alkaleri, Kirfi, Dass and Bauchi local government areas for malaria prevention and control.
- Assist internally displaced persons in Kirfi local government area of Bauchi State with materials and food items.
- provided holistic school materials for IDPs and OVCs in Kirfi and Darazo local government.