Established in 2006, the Graine de Paix Association aims to transform violent conflict through dialogue and non-violent solutions in Burkina Faso. Its goal is to help build peace and resolve all conflict peacefully. Graine de Paix works to:
- Contribute to the promotion of justice and peace.
- Participate in dialogue and reconciliation between peoples and religions.
- Resist the resort to violence as a means of social and personal conflict resolution.
- Put in place and participate in the strengthening of democratic political structures, to create a more just socio-economic environment.
- Work on peacebuilding, training, mediation and dispute resolution methods through Burkina Faso, and more generally in Africa.
- Reach out to believers of all faiths to help carry out their responsibilities.
Graine de Paix also works to engage state authorities, religious and customary leaders, women and youth, farmers and pastoralists in its work.
Graine de Paix has run a project in schools with around 125 participants, in the Gaoua, Broum-Broum and Kampti areas in the south west. It works on non-violence and citizenship issues, building confidence in negotiation and mediation as a means of dispute resolution, and building faith in public goods and symbols.
It has also run several workshops on the same themes and also on the rights and duties of citizens.