The Association Nigérienne de Lutte contre la Corruption (Nigerien Association for the Fight Against Corruption, ANLC) is an apolitical, non-denominational, not-for-profit association created in 2001. Its main objective is the fight against corruption through :
- The promotion of reforms aiming for more transparency in the management of public and private sectors;
- Denouncing and combatting all practices of corruption that come to its knowledge in the management of private and public sectors;
- Promoting of an ethics of moral integrity; and
- Promoting transparency and responsibility in commercial international and national transactions.
Structure of the organisation
ANLC is made up of technical commissions on the regional level. These include commissions on:
- Money laundering, human trafficking and fraud;
- Governance and the fight against impunity; and
- Climate change and humanitarian aid
ANLC also works locally in anti-corruption clubs. These are made up of citizens of all ages and profession and serve as local relays for ANLC’s work in the fight against corruption. Each club uses a code of good conduct and a guide for good function.
Successful activities include:
- Raising awareness on electoral corruption.
- Election monitoring
- Press releases to denounce corruption
- Editorials in support for the fight against corruption
- Parlementary day on corruption awareness
- National Council on Public Market’s Regulation
- Interministerial council of the ITIE
- ITIE consultation committee
- Information and claims bureau of the fight against corruption and violations department
- Study on the perception of corruption by actors of the education sector in Niamey
- Report on election monitoring in Niger
- Report from the Corruption in Africa Seminar on the ‘case of Niger’
- Study on the corruption in the education, justice and health sectors
- State of Corruption in Niger
- Report on the Parliamentary Day on the fight against corruption
- Report on the training of civil society actors in the fight against corruption
- Report on the financing of Political parties in Niger
- Report on the National Evaluation of studying and traceability of spending linked to the primary education sector with Africa Education Watch.
- Report on the evaluation of the national system of integrity in Niger