The mission of the Center for Global Nonkilling is to promote change toward the measurable goal of a killing-free world by means open to infinite human creativity.
The goal can be reached by globally advancing nonkilling knowledge and skills, incorporating them into education and training, and applying them in individual and social decisions for the well-being of all. The task calls for infinite creativity and mutual support among all individuals, organizations, and institutions whose work contributes to progress toward the goal of a nonkilling world.
The means to achieve our mission include:
- Discovering and encouraging global nonkilling human capabilities
- Introducing nonkilling knowledge in global education and policy
- Applying nonkilling knowledge in global problem-solving
- Developing and assisting nonkilling global leadership
- Assisting institutions/centers for global nonkilling
- Measuring, monitoring, and disseminating the impact of nonkilling global efforts.
Other core concepts guiding the development of the Center Global Nonkilling include:
- Becoming a catalyst and global center of activities focused on nonkilling
- Thinking long term, as significant, sustainable social change typically does not occur rapidly
- Mobilizing nonkilling research and knowledge for action
- Being a place of support, encouragement and technical assistance for those working on nonkilling and nonviolence