Community Initiative Facilitation and Assistance (CIFA Kenya) works to provide livelihoods and deal with disasters in the community near Marsabit, in northern Kenya. It is committed to people, the environment and equality. CIFA works to support local initiatives that enhance sustainable development through the adoption of the latest technology and approaches.
Its vision is to:
Contribute towards the improvement in the quality of life in the communities of Marsabit County of Northern Kenya and Southern Ethiopia through support for the initiatives in livestock, environment, peacebuilding and economic diversification.
- Lobbying and advocacy around relevant government policy.
- Reducing poverty and the number of vulnerable households.
- Ensuring a rights-based approach to programme implementation.
- Enhancing livestock health and management practices.
- Improving market access and information for livestock producers in Marsabit County and Southern Ethiopia.
- Promoting and improving access to quality education.
- Constructing animal watering centres across Marsabit, to facilitate shared husbandry practices.
- Helping to train local people in different peacebuilding sectors.