Gorenie was founded in Pavlograd in 2005 (Dnipropetrovsk oblast). The focus was on anti-corruption activities, protecting the rights of minorities, creating tolerant environments for socially vulnerable people and campaigning against human trafficking and domestic violence. Since 2010 Gorenie has been providing a full cycle of legal aid to vulnerable groups including initial consultation to defending the cases in court. The organisation works in 3 areas: (1) resource center for IDPs, (2) free online legal aid and (3) advocacy. In July 2014 Gorenie received the status of All-Ukrainian charitable foundation and has been focusing on helping IDPs defend their rights.
In January 2016 in the framework of the project Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative (UCBI), funded by The United States Agency for International Development, ACF Gorenie opened Virtual Consulting Center for IDPs. Its task is to provide free legal aid via Skype, Viber, Facebook and telephone hotline. Now the project is developing with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
- NGO-led regional programme providing social support to those having fled to Dnipropetrovsk oblast from conflict areas.
- Programme creating work places for IDPs adopted in January 2015 by the Dnipropetrovsk Council. It conducted the following activities for IDPs: workshops, training, legal consultations, counselling.
- Virtual Consulting Center for IDPs have started its work.
- In total primary and secondary help was provided to 37 076 IDPs.
- Free legal online consultations for IDPs via Skype, Viber, Facebook and hotline.
- Away consultations for IDPs.
- In cooperation with the Danish Refugee Council have been implemented grant program of business development support for internally displaced persons and residents of Dnipropetrovsk region, whose families were affected by the conflict. In the framework of the program have been conducted 20 business seminars for 600 people and have been given nearly 200 grants. The grant is in amount of $250 - $1000
- Together with the International Organization for Migration had been conducted 14 seminars, bought equipment for 319 self-employment persons in the framework of grants received from IOM.