Humanitarian House of Justice is an organisation working to strengthen the rule of law and human rights in Yemen. It was founded in 2013.
The vision of the organisation is to create a wide base to help establish respect for rights and the rule of law, making freedom a reality in Yemeni society. It aims to establish the principle of justice for all through encouraging the participation and cooperation of all spectrums of society, including national and international civil society organisations.
- Contributing to public awareness and a legal culture of human rights and freedoms, and promoting their application in society.
- Work on developing the capacity of legal and human rights activists to enable them to exercise their roles in the legal and human rights community.
- Contribute to resolvimg disputes of all kinds through magistrates or arbitration.
- Contribute to the development of the justice system by providing studies that aim to improve the performance of the legal sector.
- Monitoring violations in the field of rights and freedoms, raising awareness of legal measures and processes.
- Provide legal aid to the accused in criminal cases, as well as to vulnerable groups including the landless, women and children. Furthermore, the organisation contributes to the defence and protection of human rights activists.
- Contribute to the provision of legal support and education and training in refugee issues.
- Striving to serve and develop civil society.
- Confidence and mutual respect.
- Transparency and clarity in dealing and commitment.
- To work as one team.