The Icon Afrique Centre for Transformation (iACT) is a Nigerian peacebuilding organisation working with youth in northern Nigeria. Through mentoring, dialogue and capacity building activities, iACT aims to build a society where young people are purposeful, peaceful and productive. Its main objectives are:
- To create a resource centre and provide information on youth development.
- To facilitate the process of self discovery and improve self-esteem among the youth.
- To build the leadership skills of young people and enhance their creativity.
- iACT has developed the project Africa Destiny Dialogue (ADD), an interactive awareness programme addressing the current challenges faced by youth in Nigeria. By collaborating with local community-based organisations, they have reached out to around 1,600 young people in 12 states in northern Nigeria (Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi, Gombe, Yobe, Plateau, Nasarawa, Abuja, Taraba, Adamawa).
- iACT runs a peace education module for fostering cross-cultural harmony called Future-Driven Life.
- Over the years, iACT has been actively involved in organising and mobilizing young people for the International Youth Day celebration with the group American Corner Jos and the Plateau State Ministry of Youth Development.
- iACT has worked in Tambuwal LGA (Sokoto State), a remote village in northern Nigeria, where school pupils, Arabic and Islamic teachers and other members of the community attended training on civic education.
- Sunrise Africa: On the UN Day of Peace iACT brought together youth leaders from 8 African countries to share messages of peace and inspire Nigerian young people on the theme of the 'African Renaissance'. This peace celebration programme was organised in partnership with Oyoyo Africa in Jos Plateau State.
- iACT has also organised training in the central mosque in Jos and in various churches.