Jeunes Indépendants Démocratiques (Young Independent Democrats, JID) was created on January 15th 2011, as a response to the revolution by a group of university students. After years of dictatorship in Tunisia, aim to promote youth involvement in politics through civil society action.
JID's work is based on:
- A deep conviction of the importance of fundamental rights and the human rights.
- Focus on the question of citizenship.
- A non-partisan and a- political approach.
- Provide education for Tunisian young people on human rights, freedom of expression, democracy and citizenship.
- Emphasize the importance and potential impact of youth participation in politics and active citizenship.
- Inform young Tunisians on political, social and economic issues.
Follow JID on Facebook.