The general objective of the Youth Movement for Development and Citizen Education is to contribute effectively to the socio-economic development of Niger through the promotion of civic and citizen education.
It has the following specific objectives:
- To promote civic education and the culture of citizenship ;
- To contribute actively to the economic and social development of Niger by promoting awareness actions (sensitization, information, training, etc...) for a sustainable development;
- To create a framework for reflection on the fight against poverty and sustainable development. Strengthen the capacities of members so that they can effectively contribute to promoting good citizenship practices in order to meet the various development challenges;
- To encourage exchanges, reflection and action on good governance and democracy practices;
- Contribute to the establishment of a peaceful atmosphere in Niger for the sole purpose of promoting the country's development.
Citizenship, integrity, responsibility, tolerance, solidarity, exchange and participation are the guiding principles of MOJEDEC. MOJEDEC is a non-political, non-denominational and non-profit organization.
However, in relation to its specific objective n°5, MOJEDEC reserves the right, to denounce any anti-democratic behaviour and or contrary to good governance. At the same time, it can encourage good management practices in the interest of the people of Niger.