Peace and Democracy Forum (PDF) is a Palestinian NGO based in East Jerusalem.
Peace and Democracy Forum (PDF) is a Palestinian NGO based in East Jerusalem that aims:
- To raise awareness in the Palestinian public regarding their economic and social environment, and to enhance individual and group involvement in order to develop elements of sustainability within the society;
- To encourage concerned Palestinians within the various sectors of society to make use of the available legal, economic and social means in order to run their affairs;
- To enhance democratic behaviour, practices and measures within Palestinian institutions and within society;
- To promote openness, transparency and accountability within the public sector institutions and within civil society institutions;
- To promote the concept of peace as a necessary element in order to develop the Palestinian society and Palestinian statehood;
- To highlight methods of non-violence to resolve social, economic and political conflicts; and
- To mobilise public support for negotiations in order to achieve a peaceful settlement to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.