Promoters of Peace and Justice Sierra Leone (PPL/SL) was founded by a group of former combatants who were released from the Pademba Road Prisons (now Correctional Centre). It was founded on the principle of human rights, justice and peace. Its mission is primarily to provide services to people who have otherwise been denied justice. The organisation's guiding values include justice, honesty, accountability, respect for humanity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Reintegration of released combatants into normal society.
- Collaborating with other network groups including Civil Society Movement, Anti-Corruption Civil Society Interactive Forum, Sierra Leone Action Network on Small Arms (SLANSA), West African Peace Building Network (WANEP), International Rescue Committee (IRC).
- Effective elections non-violence awareness-raising campaigns in Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- Mano River cross-border security management and peacebuilding initiatives research with Conciliation Resources.
- Developing small scale agricultural projects for women of peace in Kailahun district.
- Presently cultivating a fifteen acre oil palm project in Mandu Chiefdom, Kailahun district.
- Developed training matrices for various research and project activities across the country.
- Following the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone, the organisation is providing educational assistance for 90 children left behind by deceased medical workers in 5 districts.