Restoring Donbas is one of the leading organisations working to unite people in order to find ways to restore a peaceful way of living in Donbass.
Projects and activities
- Volunteers at Restoring Donbass discuss issues with community state initiatives related to IDPs and propose changes in regulations to ensure sustainable development. Advocacy for change is one of the organisation's major areas of work.
- Another initiative includes providing online legal aid to IDPs and people who live in the areas of conflict. To facilitate integration of IDPs to community and also protect human rights of people affected by the conflict, volunteers prepared a list of Ukrainian regulations that can be found on it's website.
- To ensure sustainable development, IDPs are offered assistance in finding jobs and renting apartments. Advertisements from organisations and landlords are posted on the site regularly. Going further in September 2015 they launched trainings on taxation and starting businesses to help IDPs with integration and ensure sustainable development of businesses in Ukraine.
- Volunteers work at the center of consultative support (“one stop shop’”) in Kyiv for IDPs on social, legal and other issues.
- The organisation works for the reconciliation of people in Ukraine from different backgrounds. People from all the parts of Ukraine are invited to participate in a photo contest “Donbass: peace through lens” and submit their photo from Donetsk and Lukhansk oblast.
- Restoring Donbass operates three social centers in Kiev, Lysychansk (Luhansk oblast) and Sumy. Centers provide support in integration of IDPs to local community though trainings, work with school teachers and psychologists, and holding cultural and sport event.