The Réseau National de défense des droits de l’homme (National Network for the defence of human rights, RNDDH) is a human rights organisation based in Port-au-Prince.
It aims to:
- Provide education on human rights issues with a view to reinforcing the capacity of civil society to defend rights;
- Monitor human rights violations and key state institutions with regard to their obligations to protect human rights and defend the rule of law.
- Publishing human rights indicator bulletins.
- Providing human rights training for the Haitian police, local organisations and schools, through the 'Education Plus' programme.
- Working to develop human rights networks.
- Working on issues related to minors in conflict with the law.
- Monitoring prisons, the Haitian police, and the Haitian health and justice systems.
- Developing a database of relevant information.
- Ensuring a gender approach to human rights work in Haiti.