Saunje - Young People for IDP Rights, concentrates its work on internally displaced persons and young people. It was established as an initiative in 2009 consisting mainly of young IDPs from Abkhazia. The organisation was registered a year later.
The objectives of Saunje are the following: protection of civil interests; protection of human rights and freedoms; fostering of youth education; involvement of young people in public activities; assistance to orphans and socially marginalised families / individuals; healthcare; environmental protection; fostering social, political and cultural development.
Over the course of its existence, Saunje has conducted the following projects:
- Advocacy trainings for IDPs living in the Samegrelo region, with the support of Conciliation Resources. This project reached 168 beneficiaries. (2010)
- Establishment of a youth centre in the Potskho-Etseri IDP settlement with the support of Conciliation Resources. This project had 140 beneficiaries. (2010-2012)
- Monitoring of IDP-targeted social spending of Tsalenjikha municipality with the support of Conciliation Resources. (2012)
- Fostering cultural awareness and provision of informational services to Postkho-Etseri IDP Settlement with the support of Open Society Georgia. This project had 140 beneficiaries. (2012)
- Establishment of a youth club in Poti IDP settlement and advocacy training with the support of Conciliation Resources. This project reached 200 beneficiaries. (2013)
- Fostering youth development and engagement in highland villages bordering Abkhazia with the support of Open Society Georgia. This project reached 120 beneficiaries. (2013-14)
- Awareness raising on state housing policy of IDPs in cooperation with the Institute for the Study of Nationalism and Conflicts, and with the financial support of the British Embassy. This project had 2000 beneficiaries. (2013-14)
- Fostering youth participation in Shida Kartli and Samegrelo regions with the support of National Endowment for Democracy. This project reached 90 beneficiaries. (2014-15)
- Establishment of 10 community centres in IDP settlement with the support of Charity Humanitarian Centre Abkhazeti. (2015-16)