Crisis Center "Sezim" is in Kyrgyzstan since 1998.
Activity of the Crisis Center "Sezim" is aimed at promoting gender equality, the eradication of gender discrimination and the protection of the rights of women/girls and their family members by gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking.
We provide asisstance to:
- Women/Girls and their family members affected by gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking
- Elderly people in difficult life situations
- Refugees and asylum-seekers in Kyrgyzstan protection from gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking
- Youth and the younger generation of Kyrgyzstan education and information activities aimed at gender sensitization and promotion lifestyles without violence
- Population of the Kyrgyzstan prevention of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking
- Legal, psychological and social assistance to victims of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Support of own capabilities and inner resources to overcome difficult situations for girls / women and their family members that are vulnerable to gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Advocacy and public protection of women/girls and their family members in case of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Provision of temporary secure (Shelter) and social housing (Transit social house) for girls/women with children, victims of gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking, with a complex of psychological, rehabilitation and reintegration services;
- Assistance in resolving conflicts and other violations of marital and family relations (family consulting, mediation, intervention);
- Information and education related to gender rights, domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Lobbying initiatives in the field of protecting the population of Kyrgyzstan from gender-based, domestic violence and human trafficking (Advocacy)
Sezim has implemented more than 70 projects, that been funded at different times by organisations such as Ministry of labour and social development of KR, Mayor's Office of Bishkek, International Organization for Migration, DIMES Foundation, Democracy Commission of U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyzstan, Embassy of Switzerland in Kyrgyzstan, UNHCR , Soros Foundation, International Organization Hivos et al.
Services provided since 1998
- 40020 calls were received via Helpline;
- 26260 individual consultations were held (psychological and legal);
- Legal and Public defense in courts is provided to 1650 people / 2015 criminal and civil cases;
- From 2003 SHELTER services received 1798 people (+ 1067 children);
- From 2011 Transit Social House services received 82 people (+ 69 children)